Friday, October 25, 2013

On The Move
We began Theme 2 in Lead 21 this week! The question we are answering is “how do plants and animals grow and change?” We are currently reading a book about deserts and included are examples of certain plants and animals who live in the desert!

Would you like to know more about this theme? Log-in to the Lead 21 website using the username/password on the index card I sent home last week! Click on Unit 2 and take a virtual field trip, check out the books your child is reading, and interact in some of the games the website has to offer!

WANTED:
1. Carving Pumpkins for our Thursday Halloween celebration!
2. Parent Volunteers to help with carving at 10:15 on Thursday!
** Please contact me if you can help out!!

F.Y.I. The district is now requiring that all parents, grandparents, etc. complete a background check even to volunteer in the classroom, on a field trip, etc. even one time! If you are interested in helping out this school year but have not completed a background check, please let me know and I can send a background check home! If you are not sure whether you have completed a background check I can get you that information as well!

A Peek at Next Week:
Monday: Library
Tuesday: Art
Wednesday: No Special
* Report Cards Sent Home *
Thursday: Music
* Halloween Celebration *
Friday: P.E.

Please remember to log-in and sign up for PT Conferences!! If the program is not working for you, please let me know with either a call, email, or note what your day/time preferences are and I would be happy to schedule your conference! My Monday night is filling up fast!!
I look forward to meeting with you to discuss your child’s progress on either Monday, November 4th
or
Thursday, November 7th